Wednesday, November 28, 2007

To Trim or Not To Trim?

Last year we put our outside flamingo Santa Christmas decorations up and I filled the house with my (mostly) bendable, posable Christmas toys. I didn't give a party, I don't think, so it was all for us and our parental units. Now the dilemma this year is: to trim or not to trim? There is no question of lights and amusing lighted flamingo things on the front lawn. We actually sold all that stuff. (Downsizing-1; Accumulation-0.) But the cute guys shown in this picture? Still got 'em. Do I drag them out and scatter them around the house along with the cards I receive for a festive air? Do I keep them, as I've threatened to, even when we move to the condo and use them to decorate at Christmas? These guys only occupy a couple of cubic feet of space and they pack away easily when you bend their little arms and legs. I haven't planned a Christmas party and my parental units will probably just be here to 'celebrate' for a few hours.

1 comment:

deb said...

Yep, definitely keep 'em and display them. Like you said...small and easy to pack up.

When I first downsized, I missed being able to go "all out" with decorating inside and out. Now there is a certain pleasure in being able to do it all in one afternoon if I set my mind to it.