Saturday, March 15, 2008

Old Reflections

This photo is very, very familiar to me. Of all the reflection shots I've taken, and there are many of them, this one is the most familiar because for several years it has appeared as the background on my old desktop computer. This picture is six or more years old and, yes, that is FFP's reflection.

As we hurtle toward the new here we are constantly stumbling across the old. Old pictures and souvenirs. Old clothes, old magazines.

I don't find that I have much to say at the moment. We got rid of more books yesterday. We also had a brief "curbside mall" with some old gimme caps and such and a cheap rickety floor lamp. It wasn't long before the FREE sign (an old political yard sign with cardboard taped on top with a giant FREE written in black marker) was out there by itself. I retrieved it. I got a workout (a continuation of the "don't stop the thing that's working") and FFP and I went out very early for some drinks and apps. (At Fino.) I managed to sort through a few things and, given the warm day, put my sweaters away and refresh the moth balls.

I am boring. It's time to play tennis and I need some more coffee. So this is what you get today.

2 comments:

deb said...

I guess I need more sleep. After clicking the link to your blog, I took a moment to grab a cup of coffee. Glancing at the screen as I returned, it looked like one of the lamps(?) in the window display was a statue of a man in a black bathing suit. It's just below FFP's shoulder on the left (FFP's right shoulder).

Linda Ball said...

I've looked at this picture for years but that's the first time I saw that. I see it though but only in this smaller size.