Monday, February 12, 2007

Things Change

On February 25, I understand, they will implode the Intel Shell. So Austin won't be hanging signs on it, dancing and rappelling off of it and making fun of it. They will build a Federal courthouse there. Not another high rise condo like the mayor thought of at the eleventh house.

Yeah, things change.

I spent some time taking my elderly uncle to have some sort of CT scan of his heart today. His appetites will outlive that heart. Later he wanted raw oysters, beer, a crab cake and Krispy Kreme donuts. Tomorrow he goes to the hospital for some kind of heart procedure.

People get old. Things change. Unfinished shells that represent the dot com bust get blown up.

By the way, at the Krispy Kreme they had posters saying the donuts only had 200 calories. And, to placate me about the 30 second or so wait for a box of the things, a guy shoved a donut my way. I was shocked. And kind of full from a beer, oysters and an iceberg salad as big as my head. So I waved it off.

2 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

I think you're the first person I ever heard "wave off" a Krispy Kreme. I love donuts, but I don't like KKs. They are too sweet for my taste, believe it or not. Until I had a KK, I thought I'd never met a donut I didn't like.

Linda Ball said...

I ate one later with a cup of coffee. They aren't my favorites either. The grocery stores here sell this kind that is big and fluffy and has flecks of glaze. I dream about those. But rarely have one.