Sunday, November 18, 2007

Holiday From Retirement

That's my reflection (in my dull costume of black jeans and plain shirt). The shop window belongs to Lucy In Disguise, a longtime Austin costume shop on South Congress. I snapped this Friday when I was a bit early to my lunch with a friend at South Congress Cafe.

We have had lots of social obligations of late, but the week of Thanksgiving everyone mostly gives it up and quits trying to schedule events outside the family. As a result the next week on the calendar looks, as FFP and I say, "clean and green." I have a committee meeting, he's participating in a tour for Ballet Austin to court a donor and I have agreed to play tennis a couple of times and do water aerobics, weather permitting. But lunches and evenings are pretty empty. We have planned to take all the parental units to a Thanksgiving buffet. This will allow us to honor the turkey and trimmings without the effort and leftovers.

So what does all this 'free' time mean? I hope it means that I'm going to get a lot of exercise, pretty much wind up my Christmas obligations and make great strides in the downsizing effort.

Let's see how that plays out!

No comments: