Thursday, November 22, 2007

Who's a Turkey?

Me, I guess. We have two Thanksgiving celebrations planned. But I don't have a turkey in the oven. At the club they've been churning out turkeys and trimmings. We plan a brunch there with the old folks (combining a celebration of my father-in-law's 97th birthday as a part of it). A friend will have us over in the afternoon for drinks and another traditional spread. (Although she's been on a diet so I expect a healthier aspect to this one.)

So there are no aromas around our house this morning. It is cooler than yesterday. About forty degrees cooler than yesterday afternoon. The paper was weighed down with extra ads. Me, though, I'm done shopping at any actual stores. Having said that I'm sure I will find myself shopping some time between now and the conclusion of the 'after Christmas return and bargain fest.' But mostly, no. I'll be eating lots of turkey, though. That's so holiday!

I'm also not working out this morning. I have time to do it before brunch. But, no. I'm going to being drinking coffee and looking at ads for stores where I probably won't shop, not for over a month.

And this evening after turkey number two? I'd like to say I'd be doing something useful on the downsizing express. But really? Napping you think?

No comments: