Sunday, December 07, 2008

Un-Festive

Do I have something to say today? Yes and no. It's a beautiful day. I don't feel festive. Picture is a shop window reflection on Lamar between Fifth and Sixth. I took a walk while FFP was off doing something for the ballet. I even went into a shop. I thought I might buy something new and festive to wear to a party tonight. I didn't see anything, though, and now I have to riffle through my closet and find something to wear. I don't feel festive.

I want to knock out an entry and say something and catch up, Holidailies-wise. And really, yeah, I just know I have something to say. Something to get off my chest.

Today's writing prompt, though, is about changing the past. I won't go there. Don't believe in it. Could you make things better by changing the past? I wouldn't try it. Nope.

I think the thing about not feeling festive is maybe what I wanted to say. I don't think there's a cure for it. I will say that I'm looking forward to the holidays for this reason: as our social calendar hurtles toward Christmas and New Year's there is a bit of time when there are actually some blanks. I know it supposed to be a family time and I hope that FFP and I have some nice walks and meals out during this spell. I know we are going to have a little outing. We are actually going to leave the Austin Metroplex for a short time. For the first time in a while.

Well, off to find some festive clothes for my non-festive self. Maybe the party and the clothes and a little alcohol will do the trick.

No comments: