Friday, April 11, 2008

Time to Read

Except for nodding off before bed and the (I confess) occasional bathroom read, I haven't been keeping up with reading. Partly this is due to the fact that I am missing in action in the gym. On the recumbent bike I usually catch up with the three newspapers we get every day (only the Wall Street Journal doesn't come on Sunday). Yesterday I did make it to the gym, but I read an article in The New Yorker that a friend recommended over dinner the other night. I thought he was talking about an earlier piece and then I thought that the piece was more serious than it actually was. Well, if you can say that a piece is humorous or 'occasional' if the author is not Woody Allen and the grim reaper is the subject. Anyway, I loved the article and I think I need to write about death again in the Journal of Unintended Consequences. But I won't be getting to that just now because I have to spend most of the day at the hospital with my dad and while I could take my laptop and hook up to their wireless and write something to entertain my four readers it seems like a lot of trouble and I think that I will, instead, catch up on my reading. So I have a backpack to take along with some of those pesky unread papers and a couple of books I need to finish.

No comments: