Sunday, May 14, 2006

This shop window is in Paris. But I'm not. I took this two years ago. I hope to be in Paris soon. Which is a little unbelievable to me. Last time I was there, it was FFP's first time in Paris and we tried to see all the standard sights: Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, the most famous museums. So now we can always skip them if we feel like it. We have one reservation for a blowout lunch. At Arpege. Other than that I'd like to go to two musuems (which are lesser known and neither of us has seen) and I'd like to take some shop window pictures and sit in cafes and watch people go by, consumed with their lives, while I'm taking the tiniest break from mine. With such a modest goal (and, hey, I could skip the museums!) I'm sure I'll have a good time if I indeed get to the City of Light.

I doubt seriously if I'll be blogging from Paris. I'm not taking a computer. I'm sort of taking a break from everything as much as I can. I hope things hold still enough for me to pull that off.

Vacations are weird things, yes?

No comments: