Saturday, May 27, 2006

You Really HAVE to Sleep!

It's funny but your body really needs sleep. It reaches a point where it is HUNGRY for sleep.

Our trip home from Paris had a little glitch. It was caused by lightning and rain throwing the Chicago airport into complete chaos. It meant a long layover turned into a much longer one, followed by a cancellation, a desperate phone call to rebook, about ten phone calls until we found a place with a room, a search for the hotel van pickups, a wait, a twenty minute ride, three hours sleep and a shower, more airport, flying to Houston and having to change airlines (read: go through security again) and getting home about fourteen hours late.

I will say, though, that otherwise the trip bordered on perfection.

The very first picture I took on this trip was of the cheese store a block from our hotel. We never actually bought anything there, but we did eat some wonderful cheese in restaurants. I had an idea we would have at least one picnic. You know picque-nique. But the scattered showers that persisted during our stay squashed that idea. But we had so much great food that missing out on buying it ourselves and carving the bread and cheese with my Swiss Army Knife wasn't so bad.

I returned even more caffeine-addicted than ever, if that's possible. I saved a lot of the add-ons for our little cups of espresso since we don't indulge in sugar and rarely the little bits of chocolate offered. It was quite a pile and represented a huge investment as well as lots of cafe table-sitting and people-watching. And, yeah, we did museums. And did I mention we dined? Not just ate, mind you. Dined. Ate, too, of course. I may tell all in time.

All of this is to say that I'm not quite up to a travelogue that is more extensive just yet. But I have pictures. And notes. And I'm drinking coffee and getting back into exercising so there's hope.

There are various possibilities that the visible woman will start being, well, visible again. Or not.

No comments: