- Take some stuff to storage to get it out of the way in the apartment. (Our storage cage is in the garage area of our building, but, of course, everything is harder now that you have to mask up and try to ride the elevator alone.) I need to do this because the bathtub we use as a closet is stuffed with, well, stuff that needs to be reconsidered or stored although some of it is supplies like toilet paper, paper towels, and wipes.
- Bring up the Christmas decorations and decorate the apartment. (The picture is from last year. That is our foot-tall tree decorated with little rubber animals. Most of our decoration consists of bendy Santas and other Christmas figures.) But why? I can just post last year's pictures!
- Dust the shelves and cabinets in the office and vacuum. (This requires the ladder, moving a lot of stuff around, AND that my husband not be sitting at his computer which he seems to be doing all the time now.)
- Clean the rest of the apartment. Some days I do a bit or a lot of this. But no one is coming over and as long as it doesn't get TOO out of hand.
- Get some of these newspapers and magazines sorted for recycling. I am constantly doing a little of this usually as an excuse for not doing other things. As surely as there is the printed word and puzzle grids, though, I get distracted.
- Print, address, and mail people our Holiday Letter adding a little personal note in the space provided. I've only sent a couple. I have an Access database with 740 entries (although only 226 have a Y in the XMAS column and only 79 appear to have been sent last year versus 74 received). Wow, did I really get 74 cards or letters? And send 79? Well, this year I've received two and sent four. I'm really not feeling it. And, of course, it doesn't matter, does it?
- Sort and Organize some of the 80,000 images on my computer. (And I wonder why I can never find that perfect shot!)
And the list goes on and on. Of course, there are things that have to get done. Paying bills. Taking out garbage and recycling. And today I had to put fresh linens on the bed because even though I didn't feel like doing it. (I have a little headache, maybe allergies.) I had already told my hubby to strip the bed and wash the sheets which he had obediently done. And yesterday (or was it the day before?) I changed a lightbulb. (The ladder is involved.)
I am still not feeling perfect so I think I'll just use that as an excuse to not accomplish anything more today. But my Holidailies entry? Done!